FULL TIME MON – FRI 40 HOUR WEEK BASED IN OUR PRESTON HQ
BECOME PART OF THE KUKRI SPORTS TEAM
Kukri Sports has evolved over the last 20 years from a bespoke sportswear manufacturer into a true sportswear partner.
Kukri supplies both bespoke and personalised stock to customers via our website and area sales managers, as well as direct to consumers via personalised online ordering platforms. It is Kukri’s goal to increase revenue through these channels and provide outstanding service to individuals who choose our products.
We encourage our staff to constantly explore their potential, push boundaries and become the best they can be. We believe that our culture offers talented individuals a nurturing environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Each person within our team brings unique skills, knowledge and experience to a fast paced, ever changing environment and we are looking for passionate, creative individuals to help us grow.
The Product Developer will support the product development process of our apparel and accessories from research through to commercialisation.
You will act as a collaborator with Design owning and driving construction, quality and fit.
You will ensure all technical standards across our product categories are implemented and maintained and you will support the calendar process to achieve all critical deadlines.
Passion, imagination and an eye for detail and craftsmanship will help ensure the products we create are innovative, progressive, technical apparel and accessories.
- Support all product calendars, managing all projects responsibly keeping to deadlines.
- Participate in product research activities where relevant
- Create and maintain accurate tech packs throughout the development process.
- Provide weekly tracking of all samples in work across the supplier base
- Evaluate all samples for construction, fit and quality. Where relevant ensure styles are tested, adhering to Kukri standards.
- Manage comments to our vendors, communicating effectively and clearly.
- Ensure costing targets are met throughout the development process
- Support the fit process by giving input to standard block pattern and size chart creation and leading fittings for all allocated styles and size sets.
- Support the materials developer with all fabric / trim developments, lab dip approvals and testing
- Oversee all wear testing where relevant
- Escalate all quality exceptions
- Build strong cross functionally relationships with Sourcing, Quality, Materials, Design, Sales and Purchasing providing support where required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with all external vendors ensuring clear and concise communication
- Domestic and overseas travel as necessary.
skills / experience
- 4+ years relative industry experience specifically in technical sports apparel.
- College or University degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and to provide solutions while managing several projects at once.
- Expert in product standards, garment construction, sizing and grading relating to technical sports apparel.
- Strong knowledge of performance materials
- Worked effectively cross functionally.
- Effective communicator and negotiator.
- Thorough understanding of product testing.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Results-oriented and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to embrace and implement change within a team environment
- Passion for product
Salary – TBC based on experience
Please send your CV to email@example.com