BECOME PART OF THE KUKRI SPORTS TEAM
Kukri Sports has evolved over the last 20 years from a bespoke sportswear manufacturer into a true sportswear partner.
Kukri supplies both bespoke and personalised stock to customers via our website and area sales managers, as well as direct to consumers via personalised online ordering platforms. It is Kukri’s goal to increase revenue through these channels and provide outstanding service to individuals who choose our products.
We encourage our staff to constantly explore their potential, push boundaries and become the best they can be. We believe that our culture offers talented individuals a nurturing environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Each person within our team brings unique skills, knowledge and experience to a fast paced, ever changing environment and we are looking for passionate, creative individuals to help us grow.
To create compelling apparel designs for the teamwear consumer supporting the Head of Product and wider product team with design workload management.
You will be responsible for your own design workload ensuring that the brand and customer creative direction are implemented through all concepts and designs.
Collaborating across multiple functions to ensure alignment and commerciality.
- Responsible for delivering design concepts in line with Kukri brand creative direction and against customer product briefs.
- Research and contribute to the product team creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
- Deliver consumer focused designs which achieve commercial targets.
- Ensure own designs have a coherent and compelling offer, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance and technical needs.
- Deliver coloured CAD’s which are consumer focused, trend led and commercially aligned
- Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
- Responsible for delivering allocated designs as needed within critical path timelines
- Contribute towards cost saving solutions to achieve margin target whilst retaining creativity
- Deliver designs in a clear and concise format with detailed images and technical specifications in the required format in Illustrator.
- Attend and present at key meetings, creating professional presentations to clearly portray ideas, trend research, colour and style overviews in Illustrator.
- Actively participate in customer / sales meetings as required.
- Provide design support to the wider product and sales team as required.
- Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
- Manage communication with all stakeholders throughout the process ensuring your message is clearly understood.
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years design experience within a sporting / lifestyle brand.
- Educated to degree level in apparel design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic to help us improve and grow
- Consumer focused with an understanding and consideration of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit/construction and manufacturing processes.
- A passion for team sports and an understanding of this market.
- Strong creative focus and a sense of market trends
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work and at a fast pace.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task or re-prioritise as required
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group creating an environment of open, two-way communication.
- Collaborating effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships with peers across multiple business functions and within the product team.
- Organized and structured
- Adaptable, versatile, resilient and open minded
- Confident and assertive to share own view, values different perspectives and resolves conflict
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home when required
Please send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
40 hour full time Mon to Fri – Preston HQ